Browse files without KDE

Andy Holmes andrew.g.r.holmes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 01:42:50 UTC 2018

Strictly speaking, mounting manually is not possible. The connection
information for sshfs  (username, password, port) is generated
dynamically and can only be requested via the KDE Connect protocol.
The information is sent over a TLS secured connection and isn't
exposed externally, since it would be a pretty big security risk if it
started showing up in your logs.

However, it shouldn't be necessary to use a KDE desktop to connect
sshfs. You could use, for example, indicator-kdeconnect which should
work on any desktop with Gtk or use the DBus interface to make the
request; etiher way the kdeconnectd daemon would mount the filesystem
for you.