D7922: Use pactl instead of KMix in PauseMusic Plugin

Thomas Posch noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 22 13:59:02 UTC 2017

thomasp added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7922#147893, @nicolasfella wrote:

  > I would be ok with keeping the KMix codepath, but I think its quite a corner-case since most people use pulseaudio anyway. If we keep it we should make sure people are aware that they need pactl OR kmix for that feature. I am not aware that Kmix is a dependency on any distro (I wasn't even aware that we have this feature until yesterday :D)

  I am totally fine with kmix support being removed. Please disable the option in the UI when it will not work if at all possible. It will prevent grieve for the dying breed of pulseaudio deniers.

  > Any comments on the cmake part? I don't know much about cmake.

  See `man cmake-commands` for what `find_program` does. Also take a look at `option` and `configure_file`. The `configure_file` example shows how to transport values from cmake to c++.
  This of course only detects if pactl was found at compile time. A runtime check is also an option.

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect