D7922: Use pacmd instead of KMix in PauseMusic Plugin

Nicolas Fella noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 22 12:41:58 UTC 2017

nicolasfella updated this revision to Diff 19785.
nicolasfella added a comment.

  pactl only has a subset of the functionality of pacmd. pacmd also has an interactive cli,  but we don't need that and pactl has all the features we need for both this and for setting the system volume. On my Arch/Manjaro system both do the job, but since pacmd fails on your machine we should go with pactl.

  I would be ok with keeping the KMix codepath, but I think its quite a corner-case since most people use pulseaudio anyway. If we keep it we should make sure people are aware that they need pactl OR kmix for that feature. I am not aware that Kmix is a dependency on any distro (I wasn't even aware that we have this feature until yesterday :D)

  Any comments on the cmake part, I don't know much about cmake.

  If the approach is good I will do the same to enable system volume control in the MPRIS Plugin

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7922?vs=19752&id=19785