D7922: Use pacmd instead of KMix in PauseMusic Plugin

Albert Vaca Cintora noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 22 08:41:43 UTC 2017

albertvaka added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7922#147795, @thomasp wrote:

  > I know I am in the minority, but pulseaudio just does not work with dolby digital and dts on my system.
  >  Please retain the functionality with kmix.

  I think in your case it would be better to interact with alsa directly, but still kill kmix integration. Even if you don't use pulseaudio, do you even have kmix installed? It doesn't come pre-installed with most distributions, not to talk about non-Plasma systems.

  And, in any case, this is only used for the "mute system sound" option of the "pause music on incoming calls" plugin, which doesn't even come enabled by default. Are you actually on the intersection of people who enable this feature AND install kmix?

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect