Question about interface usage

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Nov 13 12:35:19 UTC 2017

Nicolas,

On Montag, 13. November 2017 13:24:08 CET Nicolas Fella wrote:

> Do I understand it right that it worked before you changed something? What
> was the change?

I try to explain the setups I am using.

On looks like as follows:

                 WiFi (172.16.0.0/24)
                /   \
               /     \
   Laptop  ----       ----  Mobile

And things work fine. Then I roam into a different environment which looks
like follows:

LAN (10.1.1.0/20)     WiFi (192.168.3.0/24)
  \                  /   \
   \                /     \
    ----Laptop  ----       ----  Mobile

In this environment, I need to setup the IP address of Laptop in the
KDEConnect client on the mobile to get things working, because it seems that
KDEConnect is tied to the LAN interface at that point (impression to the user,
at least KDEConnect broadcast packets are sent out on the LAN when I search
for devices using the Laptop software). The default GW for the Laptop of
course is a router on the LAN.

Does that make sense?

--

Regards