D5876: Android 6 Runtime Permissions

Nicolas Fella noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat May 27 15:18:31 UTC 2017

nicolasfella added a comment.

  I implemented your suggestion with a little change. I separated between Plugins that could not be loaded because of lack of permission and Plugins that could not be loaded because of other errors and have separate lists. This way, it is more clear to the user. Maybe we should add an option to hide the list in case the user really doesn't want to grant a permission. This separation also makes it easier for Plugin developers. They only have to list the desired permissions and the Plugin class takes care of requesting them. This way, getErrorDialog() is only used for real errors and  getPermissionExplanationDialog() for Permissions. Plugins can provide detailed explanation why permissions are necessary by setting permissionExplanation, otherwise a generic explanation is used.

  What do you think?

REPOSITORY
  R225 KDE Connect - Android application