telepathy-kdeconnect

Simon Redman simon at ergotech.com
Thu May 25 01:23:19 UTC 2017

Currently, since the app doesn't support the Android 6 API, we just get
any permissions we want... And the app already needs contact
permissions. Nicholas Fella is working on the new API, and he has a much
better plan than a popup when the app launches.

So maybe a different suggestion, then:
Still have a desktop KDE Connect plugin to handle communication with
telepathy-kdeconnect, but on the Android side put together a "Contacts"
plugin with the jobs of:
- Responding to "Send me your whole contacts book" requests
- Responding to requests for an individual (or list?) of contacts'
avatar photos
- Sending out some signal that the contacts book has changed (I assume
there is an easy way to do this in Android, if not it is probably not a
necessary feature)
- (Anything else?)

Thanks,
Simon