D5876: Android 6 Runtime Permissions

Nicolas Fella noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 19 10:40:18 UTC 2017

nicolasfella added a comment.

  Sounds good. I would separate between required permissions and optional permission. E.g. Telephony Permission is obviously required for the telephony plugin, but access to contacts would be optional since the telephony plugin can work without. If one required permission isn't granted we don't load the plugin and display a message like you did and provide explanation. If an optional permission isn't granted we load the plugin, but features are somewhat limited. Then we display the limited features similarly.

  Optional permissions could be:
  Contacts in Telephony and SMS, if not granted we display the Phone Number instead
  Storage Access in Share as URLs can be shared without Storage permission

REPOSITORY
  R225 KDE Connect - Android application