D6730: Determine which IP address to use for sshfs

Albert Vaca Cintora noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jul 21 09:07:55 UTC 2017

albertvaka added a comment.

  Thanks for looking into this long standing issue. The main problem here is that the getLocalIpAddress() function on the Android app is really unreliable, and my ideal solution would be to get rid of it completely, but I haven't found how.

  My last thoughts are that we could take advantage from that fact that we are already connected to the device on a valid IP (via the LanLinkProvider). And even though the design behind KDE Connect is about decoupling the plugins from the transport (the "links"), in this case we are already assuming that the transport is gonna be a TCP connection over network... so I guess it's okay to hack a way to get the IP from the LanLink to the Sftp plugin. It will be definitely more reliable and should solve this problem.

  Do you think you can try this approach? Maybe you have a better solution that I haven't though of?

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect