D9266: Add MPRIS media control notification

Matthijs Tijink noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Dec 12 15:59:08 UTC 2017

mtijink marked an inline comment as done.
mtijink added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9266#178720, @nicolasfella wrote:

  > Works well so far :) Some small things I noticed: Toggling the option doesn't activate/deactivate the notification immediately.

  I know (should have mentioned that, though). It's because the plugin doesn't reload and doesn't get notified in any way of the preference change. I figured that this is the simplest solution, as the notification appears/disappears on the next track/device/player list changes. In general, I think it's good if the plugin can be notified of such changes, or automatically reloads, but I think that's out of scope for this diff.

  > When my laptop screen turns off plasma pauses the media player, but the notification is still in play mode. Both are not critical, but a fix would be nice if it's not too complex.

  Does that close the connection? If so, KDE Connect generally does not notice that immediately, so nothing this code can do about that. Closed connections that KDE Connect knows about are handled correctly, as far as I know. Could you supply some more information so I can look into it?

REPOSITORY
  R225 KDE Connect - Android application