T6651: Redundant SMS Notifications

Nicolas Fella noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 19 15:22:02 UTC 2017

nicolasfella added a comment.

  Like this:

  > We blacklist the most popular SMS apps in notifications (maybe eventually extend the list at runtime). If users use an exotic SMS app they can blacklist it themself in the settings.

  This won't be perfect of course, but it will catch most of the double notifications. When we kill SMS in telephony plugin entirely we lose the ability to reply to all SMS messages. IMHO this would be worse than having double notifications on some apps. Of course I would prefer implementing generic replying to all SMS in NotificationsPlugin, but I don't see an easy way to do so. I'm open for any suggestions on this.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T6651