Katie, KDE Connect and Notes

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 10:37:55 UTC 2017

+kdeconnect mailing list

Hi Jens,

Thanks for the mockups, they look really neat! :D I'm forwarding your email
to the kdeconnect mailing list, so they can inspire more people.

On the technical aspect of things, making a separate Android app that uses
the KDE Connect app to communicate with the desktop is something that we
haven't done yet, but is for sure doable and worth investigating. Right
now, everything is centralized in the KDE Connect app itself. It would be
really great if we can have Katie as a first app with this feature so we
can then reuse the technology in other apps that work cross-device.

Is Marco or someone else working on this? My QML/Kirigami knowledge is
limited, but I can assist on the connectivity part and I'm sure we have
plenty of QML experts in the KDE community we can get involved.

Albert