Adding another Media Player

Alexander Matthes ziz at mailbox.org
Thu Sep 8 09:23:21 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am quite new at using KDEConnect. I myself don't use the K Desktop Environment, but KDEConnect works very well with XFCE and is really useful. I use it to steer the VLC Media Player as it is recognized, but Deadbeef or other players are not.

What do I need to do, so that other players can be found? Has KDEConnect a list of known players searching or need the player itself tell register on some Bus like D-Bus? If yes: Which Bus system (I really have no idea, whether KDE has its own Bus) and where can I find some documentation?

If my question is already answered, I apologize, I didn't find and related information. So a link to the answered question would be very helpful!

Thanks a lot in advance,
Greetings, Alex