SMS Reply on desktop not working

Nick Cross kdeconnect at goots.org
Tue Nov 8 10:28:12 UTC 2016

On 07/11/16 13:53, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Nick Cross <kdeconnect at goots.org> wrote:
>>

>> Yes, I see this as well. Once the popup 'goes away' I have no way of
>> retrieving the SMS to reply to. It would be really useful to access the SMS
>> from the applet to reply to them .... although I'm not sure if thats
>> possible?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Nick

>>> I think I understand what the problem is now. I can reply from the
>>> temporary pop-up notification but I was expecting to able to do it from
>>> the applet. Is that something that is coming?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Adam.
>>>

> I'd say it's something to fix in Plasma, isn't it? Making sure that
> notifications do go away forever.
>
> Would any of you be interested in looking into it? I'll be happy to help.
>
> Aleix

Maybe I'm misinterpreting but I'm not sure thats it.

The problem is not that notifications aren't going away, but that they
are and there is no way of accessing the SMS Reply button.

When I receive a text message I see a popup notification that has the
reply button.  This soon disappears.

What I would like to see is:

Allow the left click on the applet to bring up the menu and enhance
messaging items to add a reply button. This would allow access to the
SMS reply functionality *outside* of the notification popup.

Alternatively, is it possible to access SMS directly, could there be a
new UI to do that?

Thanks

Nick