kdeconnect-cli broadcast option

Achilleas Koutsou achilleas.k at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 13:55:44 UTC 2016

I've recently been using a script to broadcast messages to all my connected
devices. It basically iterates through "kdeconnect-cli -a --id-only" and
runs the command I supplied.

This isn't tedious, or even bothersome, but I was thinking it might be nice
to have it as a built-in option. I was thinking this would also be useful
for people who want to run a command (send ping, share file, etc) from the
command line and only have one device paired. It's strange to have to
lookup the device id, then run the command with the id to perform an action
when all you have paired is that one device.

What do you think? Is this useful?
I presume it's a rather simple implementation as well, if you don't mind me
taking a stab at it.

-- AK