Specifying an IP address isn't enough to connect to a different subnet?

vineet garg grgvineet at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 13:38:29 UTC 2016

Oh! I though he was talking about same subnet. Broadcasts are only used for
device discovery. Since KDE connect directly connects using IP in all the
cases, so even connectivity can be established by both devices in any
manner than KDE connect should work fine too. But I will still say he
should try pinging from both the sides. Sometimes the firewall is
configured to only incoming data if a request for data is made by device.
So it might happen that firewall is blocking incoming connections. Even
router can be configured to do so, or any other software firewall may
prevent incoming packets from different subnet.