[Differential] [Commented On] D3871: Reduce API exposed through dbus

albertvaka (Albert Vaca Cintora) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 31 14:51:58 UTC 2016

albertvaka added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> lockdeviceplugin.cpp:94
>  {
> -    QDBusConnection::sessionBus().registerObject(dbusPath(), this, QDBusConnection::ExportAllContents);
> +    QDBusConnection::sessionBus().registerObject(dbusPath(), this, QDBusConnection::ExportAllProperties);

Why Properties instead of ExportScriptableInvokables? ring() should be able callable through dbus.

> remotecommandsplugin.cpp:62
>  {
> -    QDBusConnection::sessionBus().registerObject(dbusPath(), this, QDBusConnection::ExportAllContents);
> +    QDBusConnection::sessionBus().registerObject(dbusPath(), this, QDBusConnection::ExportAllProperties | QDBusConnection::ExportScriptableInvokables);

What do you think about exposing always both things (properties and scriptableinvokables), even on plugins where there are no properties or no dbus slots? This way if we add any it will already work. Also, this is a line I tend to copy-paste when writing a new plugin, so it's better if it "just works" wherever I copy it from.

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect

EMAIL PREFERENCES

To: apol, albertvaka, #kde_connect