SoK idea - KDE Connect

Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN ovidiu.b13 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 17:21:03 UTC 2015

I have an idea that a SoK student can develop.

A KDE Connect client for Kodi.

This client would give the functionality to:
     *  Show notifications from the phone on the Kodi device
     *  Pause playback if a call is coming
     *  Control playback
         *  From phone as it does right now with computers
         *  from other paired devices, not just phone, but also computer, this would require a widget for the desktop client.
             *  Send text to Kodi (useful for the times Kodi asks for some text input)
These would be the basic things that I thought of.
I cannot be a full time mentor for this, but I can help here and there. Perhaps one of the KDE Connect developers can join in on this.

What do you guys think? Can I add this in the Ideas Wiki page?
--
*Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan*
GeekAliens.com[1]

--------