[GSOC] Progress

vineet garg grgvineet at gmail.com
Fri May 8 16:00:29 UTC 2015

Hi, I thought about moving pairing handler to link provider, I don't think
that is a good choice as "Pairing" should be property of device. It would
ruin the existing design.

I have some ideas(to send some keys in packages that will not be sent by an
device with old version of KDE Connect, so it will confirm that the device
has a new version also device with old version of will not read those and
it won't effect their working ) to not use pairing handler at all, just
modify it in "Device" little bit as earlier.

For this I needed to implement a working version of SSL link, I have added
the source for certificate generation in "initializeCertificate" method,
just below "initializeRSAKeys" and this is saving the certificate in Base64
encoding along with keys, which will be read when required.

Also added SslFIlter to socket connectors and acceptors in SslLinkProvider.
As I don't have two Android devices so I tested it using Genymotion
emulator, it was not working :( . The reason being unknown yet. So I wrote
another small app to test connector and acceptor with ssl filter, again not
working properly on emulator but working with Openssl cli and physical
device.

I have mirrored my local repository on GitHub (
https://github.com/grgvineet/kdeconnect-android) with following branch
names:
refactor --> refactored code that I sent on review board.
ssl         --> this is an old branch in which payload is sent using ssl
sslfilter  --> Added ssl filter on acceptor and connector in this branch

I have also pushed the test app I have wriiten on GitHub (
https://github.com/grgvineet/minassltest)
It would be good if these are tested on real device and feedback is sent to
me.

I have exams till 22, and 3 practical exams (dates not decided but will
happen before 30), so I won't be working till 22.