Pure Qt kde-connect lib aka KDE Connect for Jolla aka port KDE Connect to Blackberry

joerg joerg at chaosdorf.de
Wed Mar 18 00:23:17 UTC 2015

Hi @all,

I noticed that the requirement to create a kde connect port to other Qt
based devices (Jolla, Blackberry etc.) is getting bigger :-).
For your information, I begin and tried for 11 months ago (see here
https://github.com/Bjoe/KConnectClientLib ) to build an "kde connect
core library" without any KDE dependencies. My wishes/idea was, that kde
connects project provide a "core library" that we can build and use on
other Qt based devices.

The proof of concepts works fine but the kde connect core has
dependencies to the Qt crypt library QCA2. That I didnt resolved yet.

@Albert Vaca:
Markus S. has inform you that I build a proof of concept (see
https://albertvaka.wordpress.com/2014/10/23/kde-connect-feature-brainstorming/#comment-1575
). You added an note (see
https://todo.kde.org/?controller=task&action=readonly&task_id=584&token=27364ace24813c264a6065a06a2f2174c17e3e1180bc810f76c6c606202b
)
I read there is a GSOC project about it?
And I read in the email from you (Albert Vaca) on Sun, 15 Mar 2015
15:07:30 -0700 subject: Re: I want to port KDE Connect, that other
people with the same project in mind, like Andrea Scarpino (CCd), works
also to port kde connect core?
I fully ack with your hint to coordinate the work and don't do the same
work twice :-).
So is there a branch for that work?

I can/will contribute/support that and I have a practical knowledge
about Blackberry 10, also with cmake crosscompiling for Blackberry. I
have also a bunch of devices ... Blackberries :-) (+Playbook), Jolla
(+Tablet is orderd), N9, N900...

Thanks
Jörg