Whatsapp

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 19:55:04 UTC 2015

There is no API (if there were one, we could just use it from
KTelepathy and we wouldn't need KDE Connect :), but we still can
intercept notifications coming from Whatsapp, and "reverse engineer"
them to obtain the text. This is likely to broke if Whatsapp decides
to change how their notifications look like (eg: they add the picture
of the contact who is talking to you), but I think it's the only way
we can extract the text and send it to the desktop.