Pure Qt kde-connect lib ?

Lucien Xu sfietkonstantin at free.fr
Wed Mar 4 21:01:54 UTC 2015

Hello list,

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but has it been considered to write the KDE-connect core lib in pure Qt ? At the moment, the core lib in frameworks branch depends on KIO, KCMUtils, I18n, ConfigCore and Notifications. This requires these libs to be present on the platform where KDE-connect can be installed.

Under normal circunstances (KDE SC 4, Plasma 2 under Linux for example), this should not be a problem. However, I'm trying to port KDE connect, both the desktop part (receiving information from phone), and the mobile part (sending information to the desktop), to some Qt-enabled platforms, like SailfishOS and Ubuntu touch. In these platforms, providing frameworks is less trivial, and having a pure Qt version might ease the porting task.

In general, having a Qt version of the core lib (and plugins) could help targetting more platforms, and ease porting, however, I don't know if this can be done, or should be done.

Any ideas ?
Regards,

Lucien