Notes from kde connect BOF

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Jul 30 16:18:37 UTC 2015

Below are my notes from the KDE connect in short notation.

 - we need a release, currently there's nothing at all

 - showed the TODO
https://todo.kde.org/?controller=board&action=show&project_id=45

 - Aleix showed his Qt5 app (it's in the repo) / Plasma phone client

 - There is a GSOC on SSL and refactoring and device communication

 - someone is working on a bluetooth communication

 - student wants to do master thesis on going via interwebs...
   "it's a fancy technology" - Aleix

 - windows or OS X platforms; people wanting to do it, should just do it.
    - core might lose DBus,  on plasma-desktop, no.
    - dbus on OS X is a problem
    - or link against DBus but not use it
    - "I don't want to spend ages refactoring for something we might not
actually do" - Aleix
    - I nearly made everything work on OS X - Alex
       - biggest problem is doing the interface - Alex
       - you could just use the app - Aleix
       - only one process

 - android app now under KDE eV namespace on play store

 - how to put system tray things in gnome? No options

 - discussed the UI
    - action to put request on VDG wiki