USB backend

Markus Slopianka kamikazow at gmx.de
Mon Jul 27 02:37:29 UTC 2015

On Sunday 26 July 2015 17:47:32 Albert Vaca wrote:
> I think that's a bad
> user experience and we should get to a point where we are able to show the
> phone only once in Dolphin, and when the user wants to send a file we use
> the better communication channel we have available (probably MTP). For me,
> this would be the final goal for USB integration in KDE Connect :)

BTW: MTP is a pile of garbage. I never understood why Microsoft invented a
protocol that can't handle multiple connections (instead of just implementing
a tiny SMB server).
When you copy files from/to your Android via MTP, you can't browse the file
system at the same time. The only advantage is the speed of its wired
connection compared to KDE Connect's WiFi approach.