Single Qt codebase for kdeconnect

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 03:47:00 UTC 2015

Sometimes I use Windows and Mac, and I really miss KDE Connect on these
platforms. I would love to have KDE Connect in every platform, but having 1
client per platform is unsustainable.

Using KDE for Windows I once managed to compile and run KDE Connect on
Windows 7, even though lots of plugins and features were missing. It's
normal to find this problems when porting code to a different platform, but
I think that our approach here should be to fix this issues instead of
rewriting everything from scratch. This is definitely more difficult and
challenging, specially for different platforms like Windows Phone, but I
truly believe that it is the correct choice.