Debian testing : "The shared library was not found" error

Michal BULIK mbulik at altair.com
Mon Aug 3 13:49:24 UTC 2015

Hi,

After migration to Plasma 5 of my Debian testing laptop,
I've compiled and installed kdeconnect from today's source :

Konsole output
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debug ./
Konsole output
make
Konsole output
sudo make install

but when I open "Kde Connect" in the config center I get
the message :

The shared library was not found

I've checked all the .so and executables which were installed
with ldd for lacking shared libraries but found nothing.

Any hint ?

I can do other tests if you tell me what to do...

Thanks,
Michal

PS. Debian's kdeconnect package has been uninstalled with the
      --purge option