KDE Connect in Ubuntu and Elementary

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 05:16:52 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 8:04 PM, viko adi rahmawan <vikoadi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Albert,
> I'll try to package it ASAP. Should it be the master branch?

Thank you! There are tags for each stable release, so you should checkout
"v0.7.3" and make the package from that. Note that I use the same version
numbers for the Android and the desktop apps, so it's less confusing for
the users.

About the daemon, yes I start it from my indicator. Would love to see a
> portable solution as you said. Maybe a dbus .service file would suffice? Or
> other solution you wild like to implement?

I recently added a .service file, it's the last commit on the master branch
 :) Even though, Qt code doesn't seem to wake up the service when you call
it, because (I think) it checks that it exists before doing the calls :( I
have to find a solution for that, but I agree with you that an
auto-activated dbus service is the way to go.

And yeah, reading at arch wiki, elementary's de is hard to install in arch
> especially with libappindicator package. I would suggest you to try it in
> elementary os or Ubuntu.

Yup, I was just trying again today and I found no way... I managed to get
the desktop up and running but without any indicators and it's crashing a
lot. I have an Ubuntu computer at work, so maybe I can install it there :P

Thanks,
> Viko Adi Rahmawan

Thanks for helping out!
Albert