KDE-Connect and KDED

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 17:03:36 UTC 2014

I would actually remove the KDED and add a simple and multi-desktop
autostart file, but there is no *good* way to manage autostart services in
linux: If we install it as an autostart file in a system (root) folder and
a user wants to disable it, he has to find the .desktop file in the system
and remove or edit it!! and it gets even worse in a cross-desktop
perspective, where you have to add flags to launch apps only in certain
desktop environments.

So, meanwhile we do not have a proper KCM to manage autostart services
(actually I feel like creating one, but I do not have time for it :( ) I
would keep the KDED just to have some user interface (even though that's
not the point of the KDEDs).

In another hand, as I said before, making the dbus service launch the
process if it's not running already is a good thing (and dbus supports it
easily) that I think we want to have.