SFTP filebrowsing

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 23:14:22 UTC 2014

I've not been able to test it yet (I hope I can do it tomorrow
afternoon) but let me first give you some short answers about the
issues you comment.

>  - when we copy large file to device - we can't browse device
> filesystem in diffrent app/console/window because of heavy
> lags(freezes). As I think lags because sftp server work in one
> threaded mode, but I'am not sure.

If you don't find a easy way to fix it, leave it as it is. Actually I
think that MTP neither allows you to browse while transfering files :/

>  - when I'am disabling wifi on device - kdeconnect still mark device
> as accessible - e.g. with "green" icon. All plugins still alive - no
> destructors called and sftp plugin don't know that termination of
> sshfs needed. Any access to mounted filesystem hang until device
> disconnected -  about some minutes. May be we can do something like
> "heartbeat" pings between devices - to check real availability?

This bug is not your fault but something missing in the kdeconnect
architecture, that we have to fix at some point. We can work on that
after the filebrowser plugin. I will have better disponibility in ~10
days so I could do it then.

>  - external dependency

We will have to notify the package maintainers about this.

>  - fuse-sshfs in not portable to windows.

There are alternatives for windows, though, so the windows version
(when we get to it) could use those. We will have to use alternatives
for the MPRIS plugin and probably some others too.