sshfs/dolphin profiling

Yuri Samoilenko kinnalru at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 14:42:32 UTC 2014

I have made some tests. To make this I'am using bindfs in debug mode and
looks to "uniqe" field wich increments on every access to fuse. To make
each test I'am resetting device connection, restarts kdeconnect daemon,
remount sshfs(through qdbusviewer) and remount bindfs:

*program*                   | *  fs calls*
--------------------------------
ls                                 |  184
--------------------------------
mc                              |   229
-------------------------------
dolphin 4.11.4  *      |   2835  !!!
-------------------------------
dolphin 4.12.0  **     |   3400
-------------------------------
dolphin no folder *** |   1309
--------------------------------

* 4.x kde stack insludes kdelibs, kio and dolphin with this version
** dolphin makes deep folder scan by default and difference with 4.11
version is in time of my viewing to phone folder: there is about 3
thouthands of request for 5 seconds!
*** Dolphin has option "Enable/disable previews folders". when its disabled
then request decreased by half!.

I have many files on my phone SD abouf 14 GB of 16. And dolphin makes
overhelmed requests only on first directory entry.

So there is no regression in dolphin but its just very intensive uses fs to
collect data. I your phone does not fit CPU for processing encrypted
request for dolphin :). As I'am already says my phone(LG P698 DualSim 800
Mhz and 512Mb ram) is fullloaded to 100% when dolphin scaning mounted
folder.

Can I write bug/feature request to dolphin team with this info?