[kdeconnect-kde/frameworks] kded: Fix dbus activation by using configure_file + install

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Wed Dec 10 00:41:25 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 09 December 2014 14:16:54 Albert Vaca wrote:
> Let me ask two things regarding dbus activation:
>
> - Why do we need dbus activation if we now have autostart?
That only works for the first time we boot, if kdeconnectd crashes and it is
not res-spawn then we are fucked (we could make KCrash restart us but still
not totally reliable).
> - Why do we need dbus activation if it does not work[1] from
> QDBusAbstactInterface, which we use everywhere?
>
> [1] https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-42891
The fix for this is one liner, bit more if we want to make it perfect.

I fixed the code that was already there added by you in commit d8943f03ae6.

Imho dbus activation give us more reliability when used via dbus (not only
qdbusbastractinterface exists) at no cost. I don't see why we would not want
it.

Plus, it will become a systemd unit eventually (at least for linuxes), and
that will give us even more awesome things.

Cheers.