Newbie finds KATE acting strangely

Richard Troy rtroy at ScienceTools.com
Tue Sep 17 17:30:36 BST 2024

On Tue, 17 Sep 2024, Richard Owlett wrote:

> *QUESTION*
> How do I start KATE as it would have been if it had never been run on this
> machine?

Kate, as most utilities with personalizable attributes do, has an entry in
your home directory.

I've only tried kate once and haven't bothered wiht it since but I knew I
had done this so I went looking:

$ ls -A ~ | grep -i kate

The above revealed nothing.

The following, however, showed what you need to muck with:

$ ls -A ~/.* | grep -i kate

Presuming all that shows up is exclusively kate-the-editor related and not
something else (NOT a safe bet), you could remove all of it and it should
be as if you never had run it.

HTH,
Richard

--