Who has stuck with an older version of Plasma for a while?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 12:43:12 GMT 2023

On Wednesday February 22 2023 01:54:12 Dave T wrote:

I just use Plasma4 for the desktop shell; KDEPIM aside which I've also kept on one of the last 4.1x versions I've built my own updates of the KDE applications I use regularly. Not that those are especially up-to-date :)

To think that years ago I picked an Ubuntu derivative because it's based on Debian which I thought would give me rolling updates.
I've seen how cumbersome major updates can be (I maintain a Devuan install on my partner's laptop)...

>the finger at my hardware (nvidia GPU) plus the the transition from
>X.org to wayland.

I really hope there's nothing compulsory about that!

R.