Fwd: Your account has been deactivated

Paul Dann pdgiddie+kde at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:37:24 BST 2022

On Mon, 24 Oct 2022 at 11:16, Norbert Zawodsky <norbert at zawodsky.at> wrote:

> Am 24.10.22 11:02 schrieb René J.V. Bertin:
>
> I hate 2FA as it incites too much to remain logged in (and to be married to a mobile if not recent enough smartphone).
>

> The same thing just happened to me. I use KeePassXC already, which has OTP
support. It's pretty much 3 clicks to add a 2FA token, and it's a desktop
app. I happen to sync it with the mobile app via NextCloud, but it's
certainly not required.

2FA really is not hard to set up, and significantly reduces identity theft.
I get that it's not convenient for everyone, but it's a 10min up-front
investment to get something like KeePassXC set up to handle all this simply.

Paul