A way to disable the long-left mouse click shortcut to enter "Edit Mode" / modifying widgets?

Koeame koeame0 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 16:27:59 BST 2022

Okay I'm back sorry.

- your distro packages the touch-interface in an optional package.
> Uninstall that. Plasma should lose support for using your panel for its own
> features but you still have the device drivers installed so it should still
> work at the system level
> - set up another DE and use that instead of Plasma. Most environments
> allow changing the window manager so if you're fond of KWin and its widget
> styling you can still use that. And of course your KDE applications will
> continue to work.

I did #1 as Rene asked before I found out plasma-workspace is a package
that existed, and I didn't get anywhere with this. I thought I've
uninstalled a package that seemed like it included the gesture (couldn't
remember what that package was, but it was plasma-touch related), but that
did not work. What if I just uninstalled plasma5-workspace as a package? lol

I'm doing #2 as I type.

Meanwhile, I /think/ you should be able to trigger it too as I'm guessing
> it's not touch-specific (tho primarily targeted at touch).  Does a click-
> and-hold on the plasmashell desktop with your presumably regular (or at
> least not touch-device) mouse trigger edit mode?  I'm guessing it does.

It should. Every fresh install as far as I know with KDE Plasma included
(different distros like Manjaro, Void, Fedora, OpenSUSE), it is still very
much there.