O365 via EWS in kmail

Martin van Es mrvanes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 12:57:28 GMT 2021

Hi,

The company I work for will migrate mail to O365 and we, the linux people
are fighting to get this working in our favorite clients (davmail is
mentioned a lot!). It seems kmail has an option to get this working:

https://userbase.kde.org/Kmail/Configuring_Kmail/Accounts/Office_365

But it doesn't work for me. I can authenticate using oAuth (I get an
embedded browser popup) and the logs say I have a new token, but after that
akonadi can't connect to the server (
https://outlook.office365.com/ews/exchange.asmx). I'm still on Kubuntu
20.10, and I know that we're a bit behing kde framework and applications.
Can this work on 20.10, or will this be fixed in 21.04 that comes with
newer framework/applications?

Grtz
Martin