Black line between panel and wallpaper

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 12:35:46 GMT 2021

On Thursday January 07 2021 12:16:40 Ianseeks wrote:

>This has been like this for a while, is there any reason for a black line ot exists between the panel and wallpaper/.  When you logout, the panel disappears and the wallpaper extends to the bottom of the screen so it looks like the panel creates the black line.

I'm guessing it's there to make the panel stand out regardless of what wallpaper you're using. If so, it's likely to become white when you switch to a black(ish) panel; that's what I have on my Plasma4 desktop with the dark glass Oxygen panel theme (my panel also has a shadow so I see a white and a black line).

FWIW: fresco painters used the same trick: they'd paint a black hairline between areas of different colours. From the intended view point you would not be able to see that line, but it still improve the perceived separation between the areas (no or less colour bleeding or worse in case complementary colours were used next to each other).

We'll see what other say, but my guess is that you would NOT prefer it with that line gone.