Screencopy

Peter Lewis lewisp at avex.co.uk
Mon Feb 22 11:01:40 GMT 2021

Alternatively make a symbolic link with your choice of name:

~$ whereis spectacle
spectacle: /usr/bin/spectacle
~$ whereis kprintscreen
kprintscreen:
~$ sudo cp -s /usr/bin/spectacle /usr/bin/kprintscreen
[sudo] password for yourname:
~$ whereis kprintscreen
kprintscreen: /usr/bin/kprintscreen
~$

First locate spectacle then ensure that there is not already a file bearing the
name you would like. Make a symbolic link with the name you require and then
check it has been made OK.

You now have a command called 'kprintscreen' and if you type it at a command
prompt you will get it.

You can also edit your Application Launcher to include 'kprintscreen' in the
Applications Utilities section. This could be done by renaming the Spectacle
entry or by adding an entry to your favourite name. This way you do not have
to make the symbolic link; it is really only required if you invoke the
application from a command line.

There are always many ways to do anything in Linux/Unix/GNU!

Peter