Years later, kmail still is not a viable email client?

Stakanov stakanov at disroot.org
Mon Oct 12 08:52:06 BST 2020

In data lunedì 12 ottobre 2020 08:42:51 CEST, Ianseeks ha scritto:
> On Monday, 12 October 2020 06:51:26 BST Martin van Es wrote:
> > The same here, but ONLY on a postgres storage backend.
> > MySQL and sqlite should be deprecated and postgres should be the default,
> > that's all.
>
> +1

Then you should consider that the way postgres requires a migration every time
would exceed a lot of users.
And (as in the latest openSUSE15.2 where (- for reasons of the distribution)
-) kmail is broken beyond repair and in my case is even blocking a
distribution update, there was a supplemental bug that made the use of
postgres impossible.

In short: kmail/kontact is unfortunately what your distribution(!) makes out
of it.
Comment of a dev: kde is not only KDE PIM.

I guess it boils down to not exclusive responsibilities that the program is so
often "in the news" of the users.