slow graphics when laptop display is disabled

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Tue May 12 18:26:39 BST 2020

On Tuesday, 12 May 2020 17:20:14 BST clarjon1 wrote:

> Peter, this utility sets up a few client/daemons on different machines
> that talk to each other, typically on the LAN. One machine will be the
> main "host", and is the machine with the keyboard and mouse connected.
> When the mouse reaches the edge of defined screens, it keeps track of
> how far the mouse has moved, and sends this data over the LAN to the
> appropriate machine, moving the mouse, and forwarding keyboard inputs
> to that machine as well, allowing you to use your network as a KVM of
> sorts but without the video input switching.

Ah, so it needs the network up and the machines also to be up and talking to
it. I think I'll stick with my expensive 4 x DisplayPort KVM, thank you all
the same.

--
Regards,
Peter.

Gentoo testing system, openrc-0.42.1
gcc 9.3.0, sys-kernel/gentoo-sources 5.4.38
QT 5.14.2, KDE frameworks 5.70.0, KDE plasma 5.18.5
KDE apps 20.04.0 incl KMail 5.14.0 (20.04.0), akonadi 20.04.0
dev-db/mariadb-10.4.12, net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.28.1
x11-drivers/xf86-video-amdgpu 19.0.1
dev-libs/amdgpu-pro-opencl-19.30.838629