Plasma & NFS

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 19:39:36 BST 2020

On Monday June 01 2020 15:22:18 test wrote:

>while KDE is running, so who knows ...  At least it would explain how
>everything gets stuck except kwin maybe, although not why it all gets stuck
>only when he /doesn't/ unmount home directories.

Yes it does. By default NFS will strive for data integrity, so when a server goes offline any attempt to access data on that server over NFS will block until the connection is re-established. I can assure you from experience that this can be a snowball effect, just as when you take a local disc offline without unmounting it properly.