freeze problem with dolphin 2.2

Thu Sep 26 06:46:22 BST 2019

Hi KDE-Users,

we have to stick to an old version of KDE at work, because we use RHEL7
with KDE 4.14.8 and dolphin 2.2.

We are not allowed to install external newer KDE-releases. What is not
shipped with RHEL we cannot use.

We face difference between dolphin 2.2 and konquerer 4.14.8 concerning
file-browsing.

We have huge network-shares mounted with NFS4 and if I browser a share
with dolphin, it taket between 10 and 240 minutes

It does not react again after entering the shared directory. It is
frozen, no menues work.

In konquerer the same share is slow, but works or even in a terminal
window a ls works.

Is there a way to setup dolphin to stop analysing the share and collect
data about sizes. this seems to be the root cause of the freezing.

For us it is not useable.

Please, if you suggest to use newer RHEL-Version or newer KDE-Versions,
this will not help us. Its not possible to us.

The question is, if there is a way to change the behaviour or not for
this old version.

Greetings.

Alexander Bruns