Errors by the ream

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 13:28:42 BST 2019

On Monday October 21 2019 10:25:10 pete wrote:

>Running Arch Linux  up to date  updated every day  so everything is up to date

Up to date w.r.t. Arch' packaging, which isn't necessarily the same thing as up-to-date w.r.t. KDE but could still be "too up to date" if you see what I mean.

>Oct 21 09:40:21 ds9 plasmashell[855]: org.kde.plasma: invalid metadata
>"/usr/lib/qt/plugins/akregator_config_archive.so" Oct 21 09:40:21 ds9
>plasmashell[855]: org.kde.plasma: invalid metadata

Interestingly the output copied here only shows plugins that are not part of the plasma environment, and aren't QML plugins either.
Can you add the output from `qtplugininfo --full-json <plugin>` for a few of those plugins, plus from any .so file under /usr/lib/qt/plugins that plasmashell does NOT complain about? That will print the only metadata I can think of. Please include package version and install/build date, as well as that info for the package containing plasmashell.

Another thing to try: reinstall the package that contains one of the trouble plugins (e.g. kcm_cddb.so, or cervisiapart5.so).

Meanwhile, I presume that there are no noticeable functional problems? It wouldn't be the 1st time I see pointless (from a user POV) debug output make it into a release (forgetting to disable it is perfectly human).

R.