Bouncing Kate

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Fri Mar 8 01:48:59 GMT 2019

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 at 11:13, Peter Humphrey <peter at prh.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 13:00:38 GMT Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 at 11:02, Peter Humphrey <peter at prh.myzen.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > > Hello list,
>
> Next time I log in it's back again.
>
> Weird.

> > Keep in mind that your settings will only stay if you regularly log out
> of
> > Plasma.
>
> Of course.
>
> Maybe check your system settings if there is a change in the default
settings for  Workspace -> Startup and Shutdown -> Desktop Session. It
should be "Restore to previous session" on login.
I just removed Kate from my favorites (where I actually want it to be),
logged out and back in again, it did not show up anymore. Using Kubuntu
18.10 with Plasma 5.15.2
Is it pinned to the Task Manager? Never tried that, but this could be a
reason.

Could there be a Gentoo specific reason it shows up there? Might be an idea
to ask them.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org
<http://www.fsfe.org>