How to disable "Display events" in Digital Clock's Calendar systemwide?

Gong, Zaiwen zgong at bnl.gov
Mon Jun 10 17:57:15 BST 2019

Hi,

I am still using KDE4/Plasma4 desktop.

To prevent Akonadi process from being started, I would like to disable "Display events" in the Digital Clock's Calendar setting at system level.

According to https://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi

  *   To ensure that Akonadi is not started, check that no applications require it at login. In particular, open the Digital  Clock applet settings, go to Calendar and uncheck Display events to prevent Plasma from requesting information from Akonadi and thus allowing it to start.

I already know how to disable "Dispaly Events" at user level:

  *   ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc
     *   displayEvents=false

But if user adds a new panel, this setting on his new panel will get the system default setting (displayEvents=true).

How can I set "displayEvents=false" at system level so that when user adds a new panel it will by default be set as displayEvents=false?

Thanks,

Zaiwen

--
Zaiwen Gong