KDE/Qt based XMPP/Jabber client with OMEMO encryption?

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Mon Jul 29 22:48:42 BST 2019

Martin Steigerwald - 29.07.19, 23:18:34 CEST:
> Martin Steigerwald - 29.07.19, 23:10:11 CEST:
> > I tried to find something like Conversations on Android for Linux.
> >
> > I found something, dino.im, but it is GTK based and it is not
> > possible to have it minimize to systray on window close.
> >
> > PSI is supposed to have it, but the version packaged in Debian Sid
> > does not appear to support it. It is 1.3-5 which should be the most
> > recent one.
>
> I now also tested psi+ 1.4.554-3 but I did not figure out how to use
> OMEMO there either. So probably it does not have it either. The symbol
> with the open lock is not clickable.

I found I missed two things before:

There is a OMEMO plugin and I can activate.

Messages send are still not encrypted as I can see in dino.im

There is supposed to be a OMEMO plugin symbol in toolbar in chat window
but there is not, even tough it is supposed to be there according to
settings window.

I leave it at that for today.

dino.im works out of the box.

If someone has it working in psi or psi+ please let me know how you did
it.

--
Martin