System tray tooltip timeout

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sat Aug 3 18:17:30 BST 2019

Hi there,

On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 at 08:12, Ave Milia <avemilia at protonmail.com> wrote:

> When you point at an application icon in system tray, it shows a tooltip
> with information about the application for ~5 seconds. Then the tooltip
> disappears.
>
> Is it possible to configure the tooltip timeout?
>
> Might be possible in the ~/.config/plasmarc file, unfortunately I don't
know the exact syntax needed to do so, and the API doesn't really help
either. I would try "timeout"=10 to see if this helps. Remember to restart
plasma after the change to see if there is an effect.

Regards, Myriam

Protect your freedom and support the work of the FSFE:
http://www.fsfe.org
<http://www.fsfe.org/>