When there will full-color systray icons?

Aleksey Midenkov midenok at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 14:16:26 BST 2019

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 10:14 PM Martin Koller <kollix at aon.at> wrote:

> On Donnerstag, 4. April 2019 00:55:03 CEST Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> > >
> > > What am I supposed to conclude from your screenshot?
> > >
> > > R.
> >
> > That even the Oxygen icon set still has B/W system tray icons. They do
> for me
> > too after all these years.
>
> AFAIK the problem here is that plasmashell simply does not use the icons
> from the icon theme.
> Instead they use icons extracted from a larger SVG file:
>

> https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma5/ThemeDetails#.22icons.22_folder
>
> e.g. opening /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/air/icons/network.svgz
> with inkscape shows the attached image.
>
> Oxygen still provides colored icons, e.g. check
>
> /usr/share/icons/oxygen/base/32x32/devices/network-wireless-connected-50.png
>
> /usr/share/icons/oxygen/base/32x32/devices/network-wireless-connected-00.png
>
> /usr/share/icons/oxygen/base/32x32/devices/network-wireless-connected-100.png
>
> /usr/share/icons/oxygen/base/32x32/devices/network-wireless-connected-25.png
>
> /usr/share/icons/oxygen/base/32x32/devices/network-wireless-connected-75.png
>
> You can either change the svg file or
> you can try liquidshell instead which uses the icons from the icon theme
> (e.g. "network-wireless-connected-%1" icons for the wireless signal
> strength)
> See https://store.kde.org/p/1205621/

Yeah, I've solved the problem with systray icons like this:

https://github.com/midenok/stuff-linux/issues/16

I even paid some guy to draw colorful battery icon but the result was not
fantastic. But still better than b/w frenzy since I see the red color when
the battery is critical.

--
All the best,

Aleksey Midenkov