KDE (or X?) clipboard goes stupid

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 18:48:53 BST 2019

On Tuesday April 02 2019 11:02:03 Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> Unfortunately I use Fedora RPMs, and all the KDE apps I use are affected,
> whereas non-KDE apps are not.

you mean "pure Qt" applications like Qt Creator or simple the Qt Assistant are NOT affected? And newly started KDE applications continue to be affected once you caught the issue?

> If I could understand which part of KDE/Plasma/
> KWin/QT handled the clipboard I could restart that.

There is none; each application communicates directly with the part of the X server and libraries that implements the clipboard, via Qt functions. Clipboard managers like Klipper just sit on top of that but a priori use the same APIs to provide their functionality.

R.