kate and yaml

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 20:45:56 BST 2018

El lun., 8 de oct. de 2018 a la(s) 16:27, Klaus Vink Slott
(list-s at vink-slott.dk) escribió:

> Hi
>
> I have a problem using my favorite editor when editing ansible Yaml
> files. When I hit Indent or shift indent it breaks the indentation
> structure in the file.
>
> Is it possible to add Ansible compatible indentation to kate? Or just
> disable the "smart" part, so when I hit tab it does not try to be clever
> and just adds 2 spaces and removes 2 for shift-tab

Can you give a concrete example of how it "breaks the indentation"?
Are you sure you have Kate configured for 2 spaces?

Also, Ansible doesn't do anything special with YAML indents, so I
don't know what you mean with "ansible compatible indentation"...

--
Nicolás